[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel...(OT)

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Tue Nov 29 07:22:16 PST 2005

Chris Olson wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2005, at 1:53 AM, Mikael Byström wrote:

Snipped

> If your friend is a motion picture 3D artist, he's on the wrong
> platform totally.  Linux all but dominates in Hollywood and motion
> picture production.  Even Pixar's Renderman was ported to OS X from
> linux on x86.   It's one of those things where linux just took over
> quietly, and nobody noticed:
> http://linuxtoday.com/high_performance/2003100201126OSBZHE
>
> IMHO the Mac is like a 3-legged horse doing that type of work because
> there's no decent software for it.

Oh CHRIS!!

Yes, how very true!! But isn't that what I've been saying all along??
It's not about the CPU... For the Mac to be the thorough-bred that it
SHOULD be there has to be decent software for it...and for THAT to
happen, there HAS to be a decent market share!!

I hope that with the move to Intel this will change. And, if anyone's
listening at Apple - I say PORT the **basic** Mac OS on to the PC.
Yes, this way anyone can try it, and if they like it (and they WILL) -
their NEXT computer will be a Mac, because it will run the Mac OS even
better and will have some other bells and whistles.

Best,

Henry