[Ti] Apple Remote + Front Row

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 13 13:39:01 PDT 2005

At 4:18 PM -0400 13/10/05, Justin R. Miller wrote:
>$29 it is -- see the right column of the store page.
>
>On Oct 13, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Jim Freeman wrote:
>
>>The new Apple Remote with Front Row software looks really cool. Not
>>cool enough to buy a new iMac though, especially when I'm very
>>happy with my PBG4. I had a look at Apple's web site, but I don't
>>see any signs of Apple selling the remote separately. I'd buy one
>>in a minute if they did. I often hook my PB up to the television to
>>watch video or show iPhoto slideshows. With a remote I could keep
>>my lazy butt firmly glued to the couch.
>>
>>I imagine it's only a matter of time before Apple releases this as
>>a stand-alone. I guess they'll wait a while to capture all the
>>people who are enticed to buy an iMac for this feature. But there
>>must be plenty of people like me who aren't going to buy a new iMac
>>no matter what bells and whistles are attached. I'm sure many would
>>be willing to plunk down $29 or $49 for the remote plus Front Row
>>software, though. I guess there would have to be some sort of USB
>>device that would receive the signal.
>>
>>Anybody have any information about this?
>>
>>Jim

Yes but it requires built in Infra red to work and there is no
mention of "Front Row".

Personally I'm guessing that iLife '06 will have an extra component.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

If switching to a single OS saves money, how come no IS manager going
all-Windoze has EVER asked for a cut in budget and/or staff?