[Ti] Re: New iMac models...

Kim Gammelgård kgani at mac.com
Fri Oct 14 09:24:08 PDT 2005

He, Sorry about the provocation, I just couldn't help it. I agree
mostly with Alexandre, except that I would write "some areas are still
(...)" instead of countries.

Modems are unfortunately still needed in laptops due to the different
situations noted in this thread, but for desktops, it really should
be a thing you only buy if you really really need it. Just like the
floppy drive everybody thought was extremely necessary when the
original iMac came out.

I have never used the modem in my 1,5 year old PB, but I frantically
search for hotels with free or reasonable WIFI-rates where ever I go.
And I do travel quite a bit within Europe. No doubt that the recent
SAS/Radisson move to give free WIFI to all visitors is because of
this growing demand. Modems suck. And Macs work so well with WIFI.

Kim

Den 14. okt 2005 kl. 13.29 alexandre responded: