[Ti] New iMac models...

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 14 16:56:19 PDT 2005

> From: "Wendy S. Austin" <wendy_austin at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] New iMac models...
>
> I do live in a so called 'third world country' and have an ADSL line
> so don't use the internal modem in my PB.   However when I visit so
> called 'first world countries' I would be lost without the internal
> modem because there are so many places that are still on dial up and
> very slow dial up at that.   It is a rather ignorant assumption that
> the 'first world' is all high speed connections and somehow the
> 'third world' is struggling behind you.
>
> Wendy Austin
>
> At 10:40 PM +0200 on 10/13/05, Kim Gammelgård wrote:
>

>> He, great, it's a waste of money anyhow, I haven't used mine for
>> years.
>>
>> Not meaning to disturb you, but do you live in a third world country?

I just assumed they were referring to the United States when they said third
world.  Highest infant mortality rate of any industrialized country in the
world, highest number of gun deaths per year (approx 12,000), no national
health insurance..only industrialized country like this...behind Europe and
the rest of the world on cell phones, you can get an 8 MB DSL line in
France, but not in the US, etc. etc.    :)   Sorry ... Just had to mention
that in response to such a remark.

Now back to PowerBooks and such.