[Ti] New iMac models...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Oct 14 17:18:26 PDT 2005

After some review, there are a few things that make me hesitate on
getting the new iMac...

1) No FireWire 800 port. I have a FW 800 LaCie drive and it works
well with my Powerbook.

2) No Video input. Excuse me? I thought this was supposed to be the
definitive home media center and no way to input video yet?

3) No expansion. Not even a PMCIA slot. All you can use are the USB
and FW 400 ports to hang stuff from.

4) VGA only monitor port. Huh?

5) A very checkered history of reliability - especially heat related
- and with a much faster processor, bigger hard drive and more power
needs it will probably only get worse.

jg