[Ti] Power adapters

Josh Zhixel josh at zhixel.com
Mon Oct 17 13:40:50 PDT 2005

On Oct 17, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Steve Wozniak wrote:

> I have had about 6 of these 65W adapters go bad this year, right in
> my home. I threw them out and purchased new ones. After it happened
> twice I knew there was something wrong with this device. Today I
> remembered to carry my adapter, which worked fine all weekend in
> Boston, in my small carry-on bag for a flight. In the airport I sat
> down and plugged into an outlet. When I inserted the power plug
> into my closed PowerBook I saw it flash green and then go out. The
> adapter went bad in this instant.
>
> I'm a bit pissed because if it happened to me a half dozen times in
> a year, it's probably happening to many more.

  Oh, those 65W Apple adapters are absolutely, astoundingly awful.
You should see the product page for them on the Apple store, it's
nothing but bad reviews. I just had one die on me as well. Luckily I
also had a Newertech 65W adapter I've been keeping in my laptop bag.
It's a brick and not as compact or cute as the apple adapter, but the
cord is considerably longer and it hasn't flaked out on me yet, which
is a fine trade-off to me.

-Josh