[Ti] webcam

thor thorthor at altern.org
Mon Oct 24 05:25:17 PDT 2005

> I am searching for  webcam too.....
> Could you also tell me which Logitech and Philips webcam have you
> tried? Just to avoid them.

Logitech QuickCam Express I think it was and Philips SPC 700NC.

There are some Logitech that can be used with Mac, you can read about
it on
their site:

---
Mac OS X
To use a Logitech camera on your Mac OS X computer, please consider
the following models:  QuickCam Orbit, QuickCam Pro 4000, QuickCam
Zoom P/N 961325-0403, the Pocket Digital and the Pocket Digital 130.
The Logitech Pocket Digital 130 is supported natively, so all you
have to do is plug it in.  You can then use it in iPhoto™, a program
that comes with Mac OS® X.

To use the Pocket Digital, you must install the Pocket Digital
driver, available here.  You can then use it in iPhoto™, a program
that comes with Mac OS® X.

If you would like to use any of the other cameras mentioned, you must
install QuickCam 8.0.1, included with the camera.  Note: QuickCam
8.0.1 should only be installed in Mac OS 10.1.5 - 10.2.6.

---

good luck
thor