[Ti] TiBook Logic Board Issue, maybe ... ?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu Oct 27 16:15:18 PDT 2005

On Oct 27, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:

> Could it be that the logic board is faulty, despite the "Apple
> Hardware Test" showing it to be working just fine? Has anyone had
> this problem? And is there a cure?

Hardware test are usually a cursory scan and will not find
intermittent problems, which is what you have--it works for a while
then quits. After all those new installs and no relief, I think you
have a hardware problem somewhere, either on the logic board or the
disk. A system can hang with a bad disk waiting for it to respond.
The only other self-diagnosis you might try is to boot and run off a
firewire disk. If you do so, make sure you unmount the internal disk,
if it mounts on startup, to prevent any interference if the system
should ever try to access it and gets caught waiting on it.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com