[Ti] TiBook Logic Board Issue, maybe ... ?

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Thu Oct 27 17:37:12 PDT 2005

Ardeshir Mehta said:

>Could it be that the logic board is faulty, despite the "Apple
>Hardware Test" showing it to be working just fine? Has anyone had
>this problem? And is there a cure?

I have a 400 mhz board that does the same lockup even as the "Apple
Hardware Test" CD for my model doesn't find any problems, indicating
intermittent problems. The only possible direction of causes I could
think of was to investigate if there was some excessive heat involved, so
I measured just above the processor with an external temperature device.
In my case this wasn't the problem. Besides that I did all you mentioned
as well.

Faulty parts and connectors are other possible causes, but those are
difficult to pin down unless one possess the necessary knowledge. Look at
the board for anything obvious. Friends of mine have saved their macs
finding bad soldering and such just by looking.