OT Re: [Ti] Saving web pics

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Sep 10 12:37:51 PDT 2005

On 10 Sep 2005, at 22:15, Jay Ruuska wrote:

>> I do not have a little triangle there !
>>
>> I only have the option that Brooke mentioned: "Ctrl-click, and choose
>> Save Image to the Desktop", with no further option.

> After CTRL-clicking, press the Option key. Some parts of the menu will
> change, including "Save Image As..."

EXCELLENT, Jay !  This is just what we need.  This is of great help
to me, and also will help Brooke.

                 Lisbeth - so Safari is not so primitive as one might
have first thought!
                 You just need to know the trick.            :-)

>> Personally, I always drag an image to the desktop and rename it, but
>> would prefer a Menu option.
> I don't like to having to resize all of my windows or hide
> applications to
> see the desktop below them just to drag an image to the desktop.
> Perhaps
> there is a quicker way to do this. But CTRL-Option-click works.

ALT-cmd-H clears the background, so dragging to the desktop is not a
huge problem.
I also try to leave a small desktop edge down by the dock for
dropping images.

But CTL-option-click is the way to go now.  Thanks again.

regards,  Trevor