[Ti] Re: broken hinge

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Sun Sep 11 19:48:53 PDT 2005

Leif Hall asks:
> The left hinge on my powerbook is broken. I noticed a few weeks ago
> that the hinge was becoming more and more difficult to open until one
> day it just snapped. The display and computer still work fine, but I'm
> just not comfortable using it as a laptop anymore. Does anyone have
> any ideas on where I can get problem repaired for a reasonable price?
You can replace just the hinge, but it requires peeling apart the
glued-together display assembly.

My webpage on the topic:
<http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/tibook_display.html>

A vendor on ebay "ibiricu" has new hinges, or search eBay for used
hinges. Note that hinges are either left or right, you cannot swap
side-to-side. Figure $65 each new (IIRC $125 a pair), or ~$50 used, new
is the better choice IMO.

dan k

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/