[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Wed Sep 21 16:40:13 PDT 2005

At 6:01 PM -0500 2005.09.21, Chris Olson wrote:

>competition |?kämp??ti sh ?n|
>noun
>* [in sing. ] the person or people with whom one is competing, esp. in a commercial or sporting arena; the opposition : Example: "I walked around to check out the competition".

Actually, Chris is correct to call this NOT competition. The justice department's 214 page finding of fact against Microsoft started with a discussion of why Microsoft was a monopoly. The reasons (dependence upon existing software, even when there were alternatives on other platforms, plus relearning time and more) all apply to Apple equally. Basically, you don't go to a store and compare PC's to Macintoshes, or, as in this case, vice-versa. You have other strong reasons for which platform you will buy.
--

Best regards,

Steve  (ok a new size tv)