[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at hotblack.net
Thu Apr 6 02:44:05 PDT 2006

Hi,

My two cents worth - the day Apple offers Windows pre-loaded as a
replacement for Mac OS X with an Intel-based Mac is when you can start to
worry.  Until then, I can imagine few people who would buy a MacBook Pro
just to run Windows (but there is a market out there which Apple will not
benefit from).

This is a good feature for me - since I carry both a PC and Mac notebook
with me.  I'm comfortable with using the PC for 'everything else' plus I
have some specific network tools I run on the PC, but for unix-based stuff
and multimedia, you just can't beat the applications or the interface on a
Mac.

Quite frankly, if Apple produce hardware that is up to date compared to Dell
systems, I'd go the Apple for my next PC notebook.  Microsoft could argue
that because the system isn't pre-loaded with Windows, there is an incentive
for piracy.

Maybe I can sell my powerbook and Dell notebooks and buy a MacBook Pro....
hmm.

.t