[Ti] reload firmware (was:G4 667 Sleep Issue)

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri Apr 7 12:05:12 PDT 2006

On 7 Apr 2006, at 02:21, Kynan Shook wrote:

> reload the firmware; shut down the PowerBook, then press and hold
> Command and Power until you hear a long beep.  You should also see
> a little progress bar as it works.

Kynan - your advice to David on his 'sleep' problem was very helpful,
I am sure.

Once thing you mentioned was reloading the firmware.  I do not
believe that I have ever done this, nor do I know what kind of a
problem it would solve.

Is there any guideline you have on this?    I would assume that it
applies to 'fundamental', low-level problems.

Is it something that can be done with no negative consequences?

Is this key combination applicable to all Macs running OS X?

regards,  Trevor