[Ti] Cannot see disk drive.

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Fri Apr 21 14:53:28 PDT 2006

Thanks Jim, I ordered one this afternoon. I'll just have to be
patient until it arrives.

David

On Apr 21, 2006, at 5:30 PM, James H Herndon wrote:

I recently had a problem with failure to recognize a known good drive
when installed in a different host. This was a new 7200 rpm Hitachi
Deskstar ATA133, one of a pair being installed at the same time. The
ribbon connector termination at the master drive was good; the OS saw
and mounted the drive. The slave connection to the same ribbon had
evidently worked loose at one corner and the second drive failed to
show up. No utility that I know of  will spot this. A new ribbon
cable with two good connectors solved the problem.

Best wishes,

Jim H