[Ti] Crucial RAM; speed upgrades; backups

Carole Franklin carizma22 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 21 15:18:10 PDT 2006

Hi Everybody:

I wanted to thank everyone who answered my question about my ti-book
problems. I took your advice and bought a 512 RAM chip from Crucial, so now
I have 768. It was an easy process and I got it installed today. The
difference in the speed of my machine is incredible. I feel like I have a
new computer. So thanks again.

Do I understand that there are other speed upgrades that can be made on a
ti-book? I have the 867 MHz one. Would there be any point in doing that now
that the new laptops have different technology?

I hate to think that in a couple of years my laptop might be quite obsolete.
I had a Mac clone and it got to the point that I couldn't upgrade my OS
beyond OS 9.1 without replacing the processor. At that point I chose to buy
the laptop--which is my only computer. Thoughts?

Another query. I have been dragging my heels over getting something to back
up my data. I do burn CDs now and then, but I need something that is a bit
faster and I can do every time I create a new file. I also have a flash
drive and that is ok, but I have thought about having an external drive that
I can schedule to backup for me without my having to remember to do it. Any
recommendations? Firewire or USB? Is dot Mac worth the annual fee?

I so appreciate this forum. Thank you for being here.

Regards,
Carole