[Ti] MacBook Pro 17" released

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Mon Apr 24 16:16:58 PDT 2006

On 24 avr. 06, at 22:30, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> 24 apr 2006 kl. 20.37 skrev alexandre:
>> (and booting into xp to use photoshop is out of the question!)
> -----------
> You can run Photoshop perfectly well in Rosetta. It works at about
> the same speed as it does on your present Albook, so you dont have
> the benefit in Adobe Suite of the speed from the Macintel until
> next spring, but you will have it in all other programs. So now
> reason to wait just for that..
>
> We been testing it at the MUG here in Gothenburg so I know it works.

…but that's exactly the point. if there is no speed benefit, then why
upgrade?

at the moment, these new machines make me drool because they're new
(!) not because they're fast. i'd be using them 100% under rosetta:
archicad and photoshop as mentionned before, but also flash,
indesign, illustrator, dreamweaver, form z, maya.

…so i can wait and my bank account is quite happy with that!

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::