[Ti] MacBook Pro 17" released

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Wed Apr 26 15:48:42 PDT 2006

On 26 avr. 06, at 18:47, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> 26 apr 2006 kl. 03.51 skrev Chris Olson:
>> If they didn't find any difference then they do pretty basic stuff
>> and don't use Photoshop features that depend heavily on vector, or
>> AltiVec, code.
> ------------
> OK
> Let's say your right. In that case most people will use Photoshop
> just that way and therefor be quite happy with the Rosetta version
> because they can have the speed benefit in lots of other programs
> with Universal update and Apples own program suite.
>
> Please visit an Apple shop and test the MacBook with PS  the way
> you're using Photoshop if you think you're doing more extreme work
> and demanding than stressed advertisers. :-)

today i had the opportunity to "play around" with a macbook pro and
photoshop and archicad. in both cases it was extremely sluggish. slow
response, slow performance. and i was not rotating a 500mb file! …
just my standard file, 30 or 40 mb, 6 or 7 layers. same with
archicad: one floor (store design) project, etc, etc.

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::