[Ti] re: mail problem

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 08:22:09 PDT 2006

Hello again.  Thank you John for the reply to my
question.  I have one more for clarification.  When
you just use the delete function in the Trash box in
Mail it doesn't completely delete them?  If not, what
actually happens in this "hidden" mode?  I don't
understand a delete function not "deleting."  Thank
you much.  Dave

PS.  What actually is different about the command-K
function?  Does K stand for compress?

"John McGibney" <ncicchek at optonline.net>

On Aug 15, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Da Pen wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My wife has spent many hours over several months
> paring down the mail in her In box.  Sometime
> yesterday the computer crashed and 'voila' ALL the
> messages are back (almost 1000 ).  She is very upset
> about this.  Can anyone tell me what happened and
how
> we can insure that when a message is deleted it will
> not come back to life?
>
> Thanks. Dave

Delete the emails again and then press Command - K to
permanently
delete them from the mail database.
When you delete them they are only hidden until
Command K is used.

Its like in Entourage or Outlook Express, you have to
compact the
database to actually delete the files.

John