[Ti] Running MacOS 9.2.1 on Titanium G4 Book

Bill Hatchell bhatchell at charter.net
Sat Aug 26 17:06:34 PDT 2006

I have inherited a Ti-Book and would like to try using OS 9.2.1 on it
exclusively.  I understand this to be the minimum version of OS 9
which will run on a TiBook.  Am I correct?  Assuming that I am
correct, here is my problem:

The Ti-Book came with Panther installed and no Classic support.  I
booted with my Panther installation disc, launched the Disk Utility,
and erased and reformatted the HDD making sure that the "Install OS 9
drivers" was checked.

Then when I restarted using my Apple Mac OS 9 (v. 9.2.1) installation
disk (CD), but during startup an error 11 message appears, involving
extensions and a warning that Quicktime 6.0.3 is the minimum QT
suggested for this operation.  I am left not fully understanding what
the root cause of my problem is, especially since the reformatted
hard drive has the OS 9 drivers installed.  I also re-installed
Panther (with OS 9 drivers installed) and attempted to install OS9
with Classic Support, but this was also unsuccessful.

Would like to hear from someone who might know how to resolve this
problem.  Many thanks!

BH