[Ti] Ti 800 PRAM

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 28 08:03:58 PDT 2006

For freezing (including while booting), the *last* thing I'd try is
replacing the battery.  First thing, I'd check the memory (ie remove
it and use only the Apple-supplied stuff - you may need to reinstall
the OS again after this if the memory was REALLY bad).  After that,
I'd go with logic board as guess #2.  Or hard drive, especially if
it's making unusual noises.

The battery is rechargeable, so usually isn't a problem.  Only if you
keep losing the date might it be a suspect - and it doesn't count if
you use the reset button, which itself resets the date. ;-)