[Ti] Leopard?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri Dec 8 12:44:46 PST 2006

On 8 Dec 2006, at 19:47, Jon Riecken wrote:

> Ti 667mhz DVI/1GB/80GB/SD/AP

> I was thinking of throwing in a 7200 RPM drive, in hopes of getting
> a little more performance...

I just replaced the 4500rpm 80Gb disk in my (NOV-03) 15" Al-Powerbook
with a Seagate Momentum 100 Gb running at 7200 rpm, and I can really
see the difference in performance; for example, in reduced startup
time.  Virtual PC is also faster.  Classic startup is faster.  I
really needed the additional storage, as I am doing more stuff with
video, but the speed advantage of the 7200 rpm disk is great.

I posted my steps on a .Mac page		http://web.mac.com/hutleytj/iWeb/
Site/Mac.html

regards,  Trevor