[Ti] TiBook audio popping/distortion

Thomas ttwang at mac.com
Wed Dec 13 07:06:49 PST 2006

Hello,

A couple weeks ago, my TiBook started having audio/soundcard problems.
The speakers were popping, massive distortion, would go mute when
adjusting volume.
I could sometimes get it to play without massive distortion if i
turned the volume down low.

I would prefer my TiBook not be like a guitar amp..lol
so any advice would be appreciated.
This problem was going on before the upgrade to 10.4.8 so i know it
was not caused by that.

Do i just need to replace the soundcard part in the top right corner
(if looking at it from the back)?
Just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem or know what part i
need to replace.

Specs:

TiBook 667hz
1GB RAM (2x512)
60GB HD
OS X 10.4.8
had to do the Keyboard Ribbon cable pinch fix several months back to
get the trackpad working properly.

thanks.
--tom