[Ti] TiBook 500 with airport wireless card

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Fri Dec 22 20:15:36 PST 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 10:07 PM, Jon Riecken wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a PB G4 667MHZ DVI/80/1/AIRPORT/ETC. I was just wondering, I
> have a combo drive currently in my computer, and replaced it with a
> DVDRW drive from an albook 17". I just got an mce 8x dual layer
> drive for my tibook, installed it, and it does not show up in the
> profiler. The odd thing is, while using a converter, I was able to
> hook the drive up to my PC via IDE, and it works! Any ideas, if
> there is a jumper on the back of the drive, to enable it? The
> albook drive is a slow 1x drive... :( Any help appreciated...
>
> Jon

Try PatchBurn
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25100>

Some TiBooks need a different cable for the DVD drive upgrades.
try <http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/> for info.

John

--
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine