[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Feb 4 15:11:14 PST 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Joseph W. Chance wrote:

> I like the idea of using my cellphone in off the beaten path areas,
> but is anyone familiar with one that will work with the Motorola V3
> RAZR or Nokia phones with Cingular service?

Probably check with the vendor.  My PowerBook simply recognized my LG
phone as a USB modem when it's plugged in.  I have a short cable and
clip the cell phone to one corner of the screen.  As Steve mentioned,
I usually get ~300K speed, but my cell provider has a new data card
(that I don't have until my wireless internet contract expires in
April) that will provide up to 2.4 Mbps.
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/