[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat Feb 4 15:17:45 PST 2006

At 4:51 PM -0600 2006.02.04, Joseph W. Chance wrote:

>I like the idea of using my cellphone in off the beaten path areas, but is anyone familiar with one that will work with the Motorola V3 RAZR or Nokia phones with Cingular service?  We have a vacation home that is miles from a town of any size, but does have decent cell service.  In that area, Verizon just does not provide good service.
>Cingular is hands down better in the rural Southeast.  Thanks.

I do this with my RAZR phone. You get GPRS throughput which is about 50kbps.

I had to locate the formula by searching deeply online.

First, you need a modem script from Ross Barkman.

<http://www.taniwha.org.uk/>

Next, and I can't quickly locate the URL where I got this, you have to set up a location in your Network System Preference, for Internet Connect, as such:

use Bluetooth port

Service provider   Cingular (optional)

Account Name:     ISP at CINGULAR.COM     (must be caps)

Password:   CINGULAR1    (must be caps)

Telephone Number:    isp.cingular
--

-- tv is wake zone