[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Feb 4 22:55:10 PST 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Henry Kalir wrote:

> You simply plug it into the phone's USB port and...? What are the
> network setting?

Yeah, that's right, Henry.  It's just a USB modem to the Mac.  You
use Internet Connect just like you do with the internal modem.  You
may or may not need a different modem script if your cell phone
requires a different AT string than the internal modem, but mine didn't.

> Does it consider it a phone call, or is it a data?
> Data (at least with Cingular) is 10 cents per KB!!!!

Mine is data.  $79.99 per month for unlimited transfer, nation-wide,
no roaming charges.  My carrier (Alltel) requires that you be a voice
line subscriber in order to qualify for Axcess MobileLink Broadband.
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/