[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Sun Feb 5 10:59:02 PST 2006

Edmund White wrote:

>>WOW!
>>
>>OK, you GOT my attention.
>>
>>Is there a URL explaining just how this works? Is this card like a
>>wireless phone, connecting to cell towers along the way? How do you pay
>>for this - by the minute? How much would an hour online cost you?
>>
>>Best,
>>
>>Henry
>>

>Everything you need to know can be found at:
>http://www.EVDOinfo.com/The_News/Latest_News/VZAccess_for_Mac_for_Kyocera_KP
>C_650_Released_%28KPC650%29_20050822525/
>
>I bought one last week. It arrived the next day and installed without a
>hitch.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the URL, but the site requires registration.

Would you mind giving us the "skinny" on this card? It's totally new to me.

Do you insert it and you get wireless broad band internet connection
anywhere there's a cell tower? Is it connected through your cell phone,
or is the card "it"? Is it a flat rate monthly subscription, or does it
go by the minutes used, or per KB transferred? Is the service all over
the country, or spotty? How secure is the data transfer?

TIA and best,

Henry