[Ti] Localization tool

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sun Feb 12 14:18:37 PST 2006

on 06/02/11 16:33, Ondra Soukup at ondras at di.cz wrote:

> I like the Mac community, lots of people helped me, so I'd like to
> help somebody.
> I started translating few apps to my language, but there is a problem
> - every new version - Write it all again. I have big trouble
> with .nibs - Is there some diff function in Interface builder ?

There are tools for localizing apps, one of which your developer and you
should be using:

1.  AppleGlot and ADViewer, available free from Apple.  Very cumbersome
compared to #3 and #4.  In my opinion, an Excel spreadsheet is better.  Do
not use.

2.  PowerGlot.  Heard it was expensive, never tried it, never heard anything
bad about it.

3.  iLocalize by Arizona Software, $39.

4.  Localization Suite by Blue Technologies, free/donations.

I've tried #3 and #4.  They both have their advantages and disadvantages.