[Ti] Titanium Life Expectancy

William Scammell bill at wscd.biz
Mon Feb 20 06:48:35 PST 2006

On Feb 20, 2006, at 8:58 AM, FWPHOTO wrote:

> I've got an 800MHz TiG4 PB that I got 9/2002. I *love* it but it's
> starting to show signs of getting older.
> [snip]
> I guess I'd just appreciate any opinions as to whether spending the
> $s on this PB is a good idea or just throwing good $s after bad.
> Also, is there anything I'm not thinking about like somewhere that
> takes trade-ins or some place that does a reasonably inexpensive
> overall refurbishing?
> Thanks,
> Frank Wiewandt

F:

I added an Alum 1.5 to my trusty Ti500 last summer. The Ti is now my
backup and that has proven to be a very good thing as I had to send
the Alum in for a new motherboard as it was only recognizing 1 stick
of RAM. My plan is to wipe the Ti's drive at some point and have a
dual boot 9/X system.

I'd recommend you get on of the last PPC Alums. Try dealmac.com or
smalldog.com for starters.

Consider all advice from this list of course, and decide what best
fits *you*. Duh.  :)

William Scammell
Creative Director

bill @ wscd.biz