[Ti] Help Request for TiBook 800MHz LCD problem

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Thu Feb 23 08:21:57 PST 2006

Ralph Lewis said:

>The inverter board controls the video signal, not the backlight, if
>there is no video, but the external display is OK, the inverter board
>is the probable culprit.

If so, replacing the inverter board is a good starting point. Doesn't the
inverter board also control the backlight? If not, why does Apple
recommend replacing the inverter board when you have a faint picture with
no backlight?

>Replace the inverter board. (small board below the display. Easy to
>get to)

As far as I can remember, if following the Apple repair manual, you have
to remove the display and motherboard. Not necessary?