[Ti] re: Help Request for TiBook 800MHz LCD problem

Rafe Day rafe_day at nerdshack.com
Thu Feb 23 21:09:48 PST 2006

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I'm trying a new strategy this
weekend.  I managed to pick up another of the same model PowerBook on the
cheap because it is also in need of repair (in other respects -- the display
works fine).  So this weekend I'm going to perform an operation that will
hopefully give life to a new Franken-TiBook that is better, stronger,
faster, etc.  (And has more memory and a bigger hard drive, to boot...)  :)

I'll begin by swapping out the inverter board and move on to more serious
replacements from there, if necessary.  I'll let you know how it all turns
out.  Thanks again.