[Ti] Titanium Life Expectancy

FWPHOTO fwphoto at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 25 06:12:56 PST 2006

William,

> I added an Alum 1.5 to my trusty Ti500 last summer. The Ti is now my
> backup and that has proven to be a very good thing as I had to send  the
> Alum in for a new motherboard as it was only recognizing 1 stick  of RAM.
> My plan is to wipe the Ti's drive at some point and have a  dual boot 9/X
> system.

I had been hoping to give my TiG4 to my wife when I decided to get a new
PowerBook but with a broken hinge it's pretty fragile.

> I'd recommend you get on of the last PPC Alums. Try dealmac.com or
> smalldog.com for starters.

If I end ud getting a new one it'll probably be a PPC. I was just looking on
Apple's site & it looks like all the 15" models are gone!

> Consider all advice from this list of course, and decide what best  fits
> *you*. Duh.  :)

Oh yeah! Thanks for the reply!

Frank Wiewandt