[Ti] G4 800 Ti: Screen goes "dark"

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Mon Feb 27 00:28:07 PST 2006

At 10:07 pm -0500 26/2/06, zefred wrote:
>Had the same problem... it was the inverter board. You can get one on ebay
>for cheap, or at http://www.ifixit.com for more money, but it's guaranteed.
>
>Then you'll have to change it yourself, which is pretty simple if you know
>your way into electronic parts, pretty hard otherwise...

Couple of times an inverter board went on my old 500 and 667 I could still
faintly see the image on the screen - and of course it stayed that way.
Managed to replace them myself using instructions found on the web but it
was pretty scary stuff for an aesthete. Apple would have charged me
loadsamoney and I don't think you'll want to go that route somehow.

Had another 667 which did keep going to sleep while I was working. I could
wake it up straight away but it was infuriating. Apple had a hard time
fixing it and I think they replaced the logic board three times before
finding one which stayed awake.

Simon