[Ti] MultiRegion Functionality in New SuperDrive Possible?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Wed Jan 11 17:05:38 PST 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 5:15 PM, Illovox Media wrote:

> My question is this:  Is there any way to turn the unit into a
> multi-region player?  What I'm hoping for is a simple app or
> utility, but any suggestions welcome.

That's hard-wired to the drive's firmware.  On some drives you have
to move the RPC jumper to a different set of pins, on some you can
flash the firmware with a firmware hack.  Either way you run a high
risk of rendering your drive inoperative, and unrecoverable.  Some
drives can be reverse-flashed, some can be set to RPC-1, and some
can't.  You won't know until you try it.  You'll either end up with a
drive that works, or one that's junk.

Exciting, huh?
--
Chris