"You pick your application suite first" (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable)

Ardeshir Mehta ardeshir at mac.com
Fri Jan 13 18:31:54 PST 2006

On 13-Jan-06, at 8:57 PM, Chris Olson wrote:

> You pick your application suite first, because it's what gets the
> work done.  THEN you pick the operating environment to run it.

Uh... yes and no. What if the application suite you most prefer to
use crashes every now and then on your operating system, causing you
to lose time? Then maybe your best-bet is to use your *second*-best
application suite on an OS that is rock-solid *stable*, so that you
can at least be sure of getting your work done on time!

> If you need Windows software you should be running Windows, not Mac
> OS X.  Switching back and forth between operating environments is a
> productivity killing nightmare.

Not if you switch only occasionally. (I do use my wife's or my sons'
Windows machine(s) on the odd occasion, using my TiBook for *most* of
my work!)

Cheers.