[Ti] Re: More MacBook Pro Questions

Ralph Lewis maccare at gwi.net
Tue Jan 17 14:57:43 PST 2006

Item 1. Classic will NOT run on the MacBook Pro until a emulator is
made. Apple has firmly stated Classic will not be supported.
On the new Powerbooks that will not boot OS9 there is  a Classic
(OS9) installer on one of the disks supplied with the computer. On
older computers that will boot into OS9 If you boot from an OS9
Install disk, you have to do a "clean install", but the term Clean
does not mean it deletes any data on the drive or affect the OSX
system.  What a Clean Install does is Retitle the old System Folder
(if there is one) to a Previous System Folder and install a new
system folder. No data is disturbed.  I have done this on a number of
customer computers and it works fine.
In my opinion Classic has served it time and should be let loose into
the great beyond. You can still get cross country in a covered wagon,
but a new car will get you there faster and in more comfort.
Pagemaker was great but InDesign is better. Most other mainstream
applications have upgraded and old data files will still run in the
upgraded application. The only constant in the world is change.