Personal experience (was: Re: Good advice! (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable))

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Jan 17 21:38:55 PST 2006

At 1:35 PM -0600, 1/17/06, Chris Olson wrote:

>Apple, OTOH has jumped ship too many times.  The transition from
>Apple to Mac made all Apple software obsolete.  Then we went from
>68K to PPC, then OS 9 to OS X, then PPC to Intel, each time adding
>complexity, development cost, and alienating legacy users and
>developers.

And in that time, Windows has gone from Windows, to Windows 3.0, to
OS/2, to Windows 3.1, to NT, to Windows 95 to Windows NT4, to Windows
98, to Windows XP. And each iteration of the OS brought new versions
of software.

Every computer a user bought would most always bring with it a new
version of their software. As often as users purchased computers,
they too wanted new versions of their software. Rarely would a user
reinstall their old version of software when they purchased a new
computer with a new OS.
--

Robert Ameeti

Chance that an American cannot name a single right protected by the First Amendment: 1 in 3.

- Harper's Index