[Ti] OT Classic install & CCC Was: More MacBook Pro Questions

Timothy D. Naegele tdnaegele.associates at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:54:36 PST 2006

From: Wilson Ng <wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com>

> Well, Tim, I just saw an article on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com that talks
> about something called SheepSaver that supposedly runs Classic on Intel
> computers.
>
> Maybe you might want to give that a go?
>
> http://www.gibix.net/dokuwiki/en:projects:sheepshaver
>
> It looks interesting. Apple has decided to stop supporting Classic but an
> Open Source project appears to have taken up the slack.
>
> I thought this article might brighten your day up a little bit ;)

Thanks, Wilson.  :-)

> I've read that the next release of Word/Office uses XML but it supposedly
> has a converter to convert old Office formatted documents to XML.
>
> Hopefully this converter won't mangle our documents  (crossing fingers)
>
> Given that Office usually has a 3 year cycle and the last Microsoft Office
> is Office 2004, we'll probably see Office 2007 next year. Of course, this
> was impacted by the migration from PowerPC to Intel chips.
>
> Even Microsoft was stunned by the transition news last year that they didn't
> even have plans on the drawing board for VirtualPC for the MacIntels.

I listened to Steve Jobs' presentation, as well as the brief talk by
the woman who heads Microsoft's Apple team; and I seem to recall her
saying that MS would have something ready for the new MacBook Pros in
a month or so.  If that is the case, I assume it will be the next
version of Office/Word, which would be well ahead of any 2007
schedule.

Tim Naegele
www.naegele.com