[Ti] Probably dead Ti

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Tue Jul 4 19:31:59 PDT 2006

Well, I was able to get the data off my HD, onto a removable drive: Good

However, I am having some serious issues.

I was able to wipe+install Tiger, but the cursor kept freezing every so often. When
this happened, the keyboard wouldn't respond (ie, command-tab) either. I had to
force a shutdown with the power button.

I re-seated the keyboard cable, no luck.

Now, it won't even turn on. I took the RAM out, left my Apple RAM in. No luck.

Could it be my backup battery? http://www.pbparts.com/shop/gbb.html I was not
getting "Time/Date set before..."

I hit the power button, the HD spins up, but no computer (no chime, nothing).

Any ideas? I can try booting from the Tiger DVD again. I could also re-seat my HD
cable.

Thanks!

John