[Ti] Probably dead Ti

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Jul 5 08:10:33 PDT 2006

5 jul 2006 kl. 04.31 skrev John Pariseau:
> The cursor kept freezing, the keyboard wouldn't respond
> Re-seated the keyboard cable, no luck.
> Took the RAM out, left my Apple RAM in. No luck.
>
> I hit the power button, the HD spins up, but no computer (no chime,
> nothing).
----------
You should have a hardware test CD if you can localise your original
CD:s

I keep repeating and noticing that it makes a difference on the old
Ti.s to check that all the screws are well seated at the bottom _and_
under the keyboard. Also that none of the small magnets under the
keyboard has come loose and ended up in the wrong place.

Can you (still?) start it in T-mode? Have you checked that it isn't
just your screen which is faulty? Do you have a working screen when
you start from the Tiger install-DVD? Do you have an external screen
you can try it with?

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)