[Ti] Probably dead Ti

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:10:42 PDT 2006

j5 jul 2006 kl. 19.29 skrev John Pariseau:
> I'll check the magnets, but I think they are all there.
-----------
There are 8 on Ti 400, but you should have the same amount as the
metal circles at the back of the keyboard. (One oval one and 7 round
on mine)

>> Have you checked that it isn't just your screen which is faulty?
> It shouldn't be, but I will try the external monitor.
----------
It it starts from the Tiger DVD you should be able to see the screen.
(or not)

> The only magnet that I have loose is behind my panel, one of those
> ones that hold the panel closed.
----------
Have heard the following tip for that, but not had a chance or reason
to try it myself:

With the Tibook powered down and closed hold it with the hinges
upward and shake the magnet down to the latch were it is supposed to
be. Open it carefully and try to keep the magnet in its right place
and try to start the Ti. I seriously can't  understand why that
should make a difference, but the "tipper" says it does. :-) Worth
ttrying anyway.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)