[Ti] OT - digital workflow

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Tue Jul 11 13:59:43 PDT 2006

hi (and sorry for the slightly off-topic post)

i'm having some difficulty in organising my digital photography
workflow. i recently purchased a nikon d70 and have been shooting in
raw format since. i also have a sony dsc-p200 for times when i don't
need/want high quality pics (and don't wan't to carry around a dslr.

i can't get myself to use iphoto because of the way it organises
files, but i like it's "all-in-one" capabilities. the university i
teach at bought me a copy of aperture with looks great and seems to
run fine on my configuration. but the questions remain: what file
should i work on? the original? a copy? and so on…

i'd be interested in hearing how others organise their files and the
workflow in general. i've done some googling but the results were
disappointing. please mail me off-list if you consider this off-topic.

thank you

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.7 ::