[Ti] OT - digital workflow

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:22:43 PDT 2006

11 jul 2006 kl. 22.59 skrev alexandre:
> Bought me Aperture
> What file should i work on? the original? a copy? and so on…
-------------
One thing Aperture has in common with iPhoto is that it doesn't touch
your original.

When you do alterations Aperture simply save up the "atribute" (sorry
for my lack of technical English) for what you have done. You can
have several adjusted versions of the same original without it
increasing your datebase more than slightly. This means that you have
to export the improved version when you want somebody else to recieve
the photo with the alterations done to it.

The whole idea with Aperture is that you shouldn't need any other
sorting for you photos, but I can't remember how you keywords was
handled, but it was possible to use PhotoShop within the program (or
out and back). I suggest you look careful how i handles those two,
for most very, important issues.

When you know the supplier of your product it is often better to
search their site than to google for the information. :-)

<http://www.apple.com/support/aperture/>

To the right you have among other QuickTime movies one called
Aperture Quick Tours and it should give you a good taste and start.
 From the link above you should also find a forum where you can
discuss with other users and please do not forget to get the update
to the latest version. The program is very new and Apple keeps
adjusting details and improvements.

Considered posting this Off list, but thought perhaps this
information could interest some people on this list since you do need
a _competent_ Mac to run Aperture. (My Ti 400 is definitly not
enough) Apple has "hinted" that there may be a Aperture Express in
the pipeline similar to that Final Cut Pro got a Final Cut Express
after a little while.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)