[Ti] RAM once again

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 14:24:13 PDT 2006

Sorry to ask about this once more, but I've been
running into an issue with the RAM for my wife's PB G4
1Ghz (FW800).  When I call to order and the sales
people spec my 1 GB RAM chip - it comes out costlier
(about $40) than other pc2700 RAM for macs and pc.  Do
I have to buy this more expensive RAM?  What makes the
$40-$60 difference?  I want to complete my transaction
this evening if possible - so off-list replies are
welcome.  Thanks. Dave