[Ti] RAM once again

jonarmpit at mac.com jonarmpit at mac.com
Thu Jun 8 17:24:33 PDT 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Da Pen wrote:

> Sorry to ask about this once more, but I've been
> running into an issue with the RAM for my wife's PB G4
> 1Ghz (FW800).  When I call to order and the sales
> people spec my 1 GB RAM chip - it comes out costlier
> (about $40) than other pc2700 RAM for macs and pc.  Do
> I have to buy this more expensive RAM?  What makes the
> $40-$60 difference?  I want to complete my transaction
> this evening if possible - so off-list replies are
> welcome.  Thanks. Dave

I usually order extra RAM from OWC (www.macsales.com). It is cheaper
than Apple and they have a lifetime guarantee. I recently bought 2GB
of ram for my new MacBook from Newegg (www.newegg.com) for even less.
It is generic RAM which I normally wouldn't recommend, but if money
is tight you might be willing to take the risk I did. You can
probably even find a good deal on Kingston memory there too.

jon