[Ti] Mystery Solved

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 06:28:10 PDT 2006

Hello.  I've discovered the possible technical issue
at OWC's website (quote below).  As mentioned it
specifically relates to the 1GHz-1.25GHZ PB G4.
Thanks everyone for your help.  I'm sorry if this
single issue has taken an inordinate amount of
byte-space.  (FYI: We're going for the Samsung.)

A Million Thanks for everyone who gave suggestions.
Dave

FROM OWC:
OWC has determined that an unknown amount of PowerBook
G4 15" FW800 Models with 1.0GHz or 1.25GHz Processor
speed, have a memory controller issue that
significantly restricts the memory compatibility.
There is no way to pre-determine if your PowerBook G4
will have this issue...We believe the problem is
related to a memory controller that was used in some
1.0GHz or 1.25GHz Powerbook G4 systems that has a
specific tailoring to Samsung die/pcb memory. And this
is why, regardless of specification - only specific
Samsung modules provide operational compatibility.