[Ti] Problems with ti-book keyboard

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sun Jun 11 06:55:37 PDT 2006

10 jun 2006 kl. 21.54 skrev Carole Franklin:
> return key on my 867 MHZ ti-book, ... is resisting.
----------
I think that modell like my early one has a keyboard that can be
lifted from the screen side. There is two small button (right of esc
and between F8 and F9) which you pull towards you. You may have to
first  use a small screwdriver on the num look indicator light
(between F4 and F5) which holds the locking device for the keyboard.
Turn the screw a full 360. Mine is never looked so if you have bought
your Ti-book used it may not be locked from the beginning.

The reason for this description is that I think you simply have got
some small dirt cought under the return key. So by loosing the
keyboard enough to shake it sideways besides the Tibook you may get
the stuff to simply fall out. Otherwise you will at least get a good
chance to look at it sideways and see what causes the resistance.

Good luck. :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)