[Ti] Intel Mac Mini?

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 1 20:56:03 PST 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Chris Olson wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Bill Fox wrote:
>
>> Maybe you could de-nastify it to do something benign and let
>> people try it rather than trying to cow them with your nuclear
>> threat.
>
> Maybe I could.  But I won't.  All the demos on the web from the so-
> called security experts did something benign.  Apple was able to
> patch that.  However, I ask you to consider the difference between
> real world and benign demos - if a real hacker decides to
> compromise your machine, do you suppose he'll do something benign?

Well, I read these lists to learn things not to get ego stroke. If an
exploit can automatically open a calculator, even a nitwit can see
that it could do something quite nasty. There's no need to actually
do something nasty.

> I don't have, nor ever said anything about a nuclear threat.

Sorry, that was a simile for having all one's files permanently
deleted which I recall you suggested your exploit would do.

> I said Mac OS X has a security problem, and Apple still hasn't
> fixed it.

Of course Mac OS X has a security problem. In fact, it probably has
many as yet undetected and unfixed. Nothing's perfect but some are
better than others.

Why are you ignoring Paranoid Android 1.3?

Bill