[Ti] Cross-platform a flash drive?

David Grieve dgrieve at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 10 12:08:00 PST 2006

FWPHOTO wrote:

> My son has an iBook but his school is all Win. Is there anyway he can
> work on his Mac in, say, Word, & save it to a USB flash drive so it can
> be opened & worked on with the Win machine at his school? I suppose he'd
> need to be able to save & open that file back up on his iBook when he
> got home too.
>
> We have a desktop Win PC at home too that he uses now but it'd be a
> shame if he can't use his Mac to do his school work.
>
> TIA,
>
> Frank Wiewandt
  My experience is if the Flash drive works on the PC it will work on
the MAC.  I do it all the time at work with PC users.  The Word files
should work on both platforms.

Some older versions of Word for PC and MAC don't always play nice.  I
have very few problems with the two latest versions of Office.

--But there are "save as" options for making the files compatable with
different versions.
Is that the normal way other (PC) students do it?   It is really NOT
hard to network Macs if they permit that.